|Job Title:||Building, Mechanical and Electrical Supervisor|
|Salary:||Salary dependant on skills & experience|
|Contact Name:||Cathy McGrath|
|Job Published:||6 months ago|
BBC Studioworks are looking for a Building, Mechanical and Electrical Supervisor to join their large and recently expanded team.
Your responsibilities in this role will be to supervise the maintenance team and contractors at Television Centre W12, working closely with the Facilities Management and Operations teams to coordinate planned preventative maintenance and reactive tasks ensuring they are carried out efficiently and within agreed SLAs.
You will be required to provide hands on support with maintenance and project works, supervising contractor works on sites. The role will be responsible for ensuring that productivity is maximised, and tasks are supervised and delivered effectively to agreed quality standards, timescales and health and safety regulation.
The role requires flexibility and involves working unsociable hours both day and night including weekends and public bank holidays.
- Day to day supervision of the team as well as undertaking operational duties
- To support the Facilities Manager and Operations Manager with sourcing and validating quotes from subcontractors demonstrating value for money to clients.
- To ensure all facilities services, including power, heating, cooling, lighting, water, gas, plumbing are maintained in a satisfactory condition and all compliance testing is completed within defined timescales
- To ensure studio equipment such as production lighting and electrical hoists are maintained in satisfactory condition and all compliance testing is completed within defined timescales
- To ensure regime to provide site resilient power is in place and maintained and managed according to production requirements
- To be responsible for providing meter readings and efficient use of utilities
- Ensuring the thorough communication of all new processes and amendments to contracts you have been assigned. This will include refresher training to all staff, revision of manuals and system messages.
- Ensuring that all engineers and contractors are following the agreed safe system of works
- Seek and review quotes from Subcontractors where required ensuring detailed specifications are provided
to allow for accurate quotes.
- Support with Project works overseeing subcontractor works on site, ensuring the agreed safe system of works are followed
- Reviewing Risk assessments and Method Statements(RAMs) for planned works and issuing relevant permits
- Ensure that customers maintenance complaints and requests are dealt with efficiently and correctly within agreed SLA’s
- Reviewing Service reports to ensure any requiring change are captured and progressed accordingly
- Monitor the implementation of policies, systems and works instructions on site and contribute to initiatives to improve performance
- Supervision and support of team including leave and training in line with company procedures
- Attend training courses necessary for development of the skills needed to carry out the tasks performed by the work group
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required:
- Suitable electrical and mechanical qualifications such as electrical apprenticeship and appropriate NVQ/City and Guilds/IEE /2391 Testing/qualifications
- Previous engineering and supervisory experience ideally within a broadcast or similar environment
- Mechanical and electrical engineering skills
- Familiarity with Building Maintenance Systems
- An understanding and awareness of broad range of engineering maintenance issues and ability to undertake informed conversations with providers and customers
- Demonstrable experience and understanding of health and safety issues and requirements
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop strong customer relationships
- Commercial awareness and proven ability to manage a budget
- Ability to self-manage and work collaboratively with your team and other managers who are non-engineering/maintenance
- Computer literacy – Excel, Word, Power point and Outlook
- Excellent Planning and Organisational skills with the ability to effectively prioritise and delegate
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available