Building Services Assistant
|Job Title:||Building Services Assistant|
|Salary:||£30000 - £32000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Gemma Kennedy|
|Job Published:||6 days ago|
- Administer the facilities management computer system (CAFM) for help desk queries, preventative and reactive maintenance tasks, asset register management, contractor and services information, work orders, and invoice correlation to ensure the system is up to date and accurate. This involves working closely with the Building Services Manager (BSM) to ensure all data is captured accurately and on a timely basis.
- Assist the BSM with co-ordination of PPMs, daily maintenance and routine tasks as indicated on the CAFM system.
- Assist the BSM with daily and weekly health and safety inspections of the building (such as fire extinguishers, floor boxes, trip hazards) as outlined in the departments' schedule.
- Conduct and record all aspects of DSE Assessments, including follow up actions. Keep DSE spreadsheet updated.
- Conduct out of hours tasks as agreed with the Building Services Manager.
- Supervise a small team of postal / reprographics staff
- Ensure conference rooms set up/set down in a timely manner on a day to day basis which may at times have to be done at short notice. To include working closely with the marketing team for room set ups for client events.
- Liaise with fire wardens and first aiders to ensure their training is kept updated. Also ensure updated lists are forwarded to HR and displayed throughout the office.
- Assist with some basic DIY tasks such as fixing a pedestal locks, removing or fitting pin boards.
- Review and update departmental floor plans with text and initials (on CAD drawings) after every internal move by using the weekly company global movement list. Keep floor plans updated on department floors.
- Assist the BSM with internal office moves. This will include liaising with departmental supervisors regarding desk allocations, crate requirements etc. This may at times involve lifting of loads such as furniture and files. Maintain the facilities move spreadsheet.
- The role may at times require working at heights and on ladders, working in confined and restricted spaces to carry out DIY tasks under the supervision of the BSM.
- A minimum of two years working experience within the facilities and support world, with experience of help desk, office and furniture moves and maintenance tasks.
- A working knowledge of health and safety, desk assessment ergonomics and use of CAD and CAFM is desirable but not essential as training will be provided.
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent. Maths and English minimum.
- An understanding of mechanical and electrical would be highly advantageous.
- You will need to flexible and available to work weekends occasionally.
- Intermediate level IT skills.
- Experience of fire safety checks and overseeing a contract is also desirable but not essential.
All CVs must be in English and in Word.
Talent FM are experts in facilities management recruitment. Our sector knowledge is unrivalled and we are passionate about making every stage of the recruitment process as easy as possible for our clients and candidates. You can view all our jobs on our website or join the conversation on twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.