We have an exceptional opportunity for an Estate Manager with proven relevant experience, integrity and discretion. The Estate comprises a Grade II listed terrace of twenty-three superior Belgravia apartments whose owners expect exemplary levels of service. There is an estate staff specifically for porterage, security, maintenance and administration. The Estate is managed on behalf of its owners in accordance with the policies laid down by a Board of Directors. The Estate Manager is responsible for providing a focused service which is appropriate for the owners, apartments and location.
The successful candidate must have a proven record of excellent people management and be able to demonstrate great commercial awareness and strong financial acumen. You must be organised and thorough, calm under pressure, and have a 'can do' attitude and flexible approach.
The role requires experience and knowledge of the following aspects of property management:
- Landlord and Tenant Law
- Property and Employment
- Accounting Financial Control, Record Keeping and Budgeting
- General Building Maintenance
- Plant Maintenance and Renewal, Heating and Hot Water Services, Air Cooling, Water Treatment and Air Handling Overseeing Major and Minor Contracts e.g. External Repair and Redecoration, Refurbishment of Entrance Halls and Common Areas, Renewal and Replacement of Systems such as CCTV etc.
- Staff Management, Team Building, Welfare, Interviewing and Appointing, Contracts of Employment, Disciplinary Proceedings and General Organisation
- Security Health and Safety and Building Regulations
- Insurance Policy Renewals, ensuring that Cover is adequate, Claims etc
- Reviewing, negotiating and managing plant and equipment contracts, Lifts, M&E, Air Cooling, CCTV, Door Entry, Fire Prevention, Water Softening and Water Treatment
The Estate Manager responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparing the Agenda and Reports for Quarterly Board Meetings including reports on all current issues and presenting the same for discussion and decisions by Board Directors
- Preparing a detailed Annual Service Charge Budget and providing regular management accounts also maintaining the necessary financial controls to keep expenditure within budgets
- Considering the best method of providing the services required including sub contracting
Basic and Day-to-Day Services
- Instructing the Estate Solicitors on licences, employment, property and other legal matters
- Advising subcommittees appointed by the Board on vetting applications for Licences to carry out alterations and vetting proposed assignees Coordinating Architects, M&E Consultants, Acoustic Consultants etc. in relation to applications for Licences to Carry out works and ensure compliance with the Terms and Conditions of those Licences.
- Managing the Estate Staff assisted by the Building Manager and Head Porter
- With the Building Manager maintain the buildings and plant in a manner that minimises disruption to owners
- Negotiating contracts for ongoing maintenance and for single projects Negotiating Insurance Premiums and process claims
- Ensuring compliance with Health and Safety and Building Regulations
- Dealing promptly with requests, queries and complaints from owners
This role is supported by external Professional Advisers, where necessary, including Solicitors, Accountants, Chartered Surveyors, Chartered Engineers, Mechanical and Electrical Engineers and Acoustic Consultants, so an ability to collaborate and work with experts is essential.
All CVs must be in English and in Word.
Talent FM are experts in facilities management recruitment. Our sector knowledge is unrivalled and we are passionate about making every stage of the recruitment process as easy as possible for our clients and candidates. You can view all our jobs on our website or join the conversation on twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.