- Lead on department projects/initiatives; producing project plans and/or work streams which make use of resources in an efficient way.
- Manage the planning, delivery and evaluation of the above; ensuring projects are carried out on time, to budget, and in line with defined success measures.
- Work closely with sponsors and other stakeholders to define project requirements, scope and objectives; ensure clear success factors are defined for all activities
- Ensure that risks are carefully considered, documented and mitigated through establishing and monitoring of a robust risk register.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation, coordinate and manage internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Undertake their work in accordance with Wellcome policies and principles.
- Undertaking any other work that may be reasonably required from time to time
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
- Proven experience in project and change management from concept to delivery, including all aspects of process development and execution, and a good understanding of the control environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of project management processes, strategies and methods.
- Experience of working within a Facilities Management environment with a good working knowledge of Hard and Soft services.
- A good working knowledge of H&S requirements
- Experience of working with public spaces.
- Well developed interpersonal skills, with an ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with all levels of management and a range of stakeholders.
- Recognised project management programme experience, e.g. Microsoft Project.
- Excellent organisation, prioritisation and project management skills with a keen eye for detail. Able to drive execution of objectives despite setbacks.
- Ability to identify problems at an early stage and suggest effective solutions. Comfortable with ambiguity.
- Highly developed listening, communication and decision-making skills
- Numerate with ability to set and effectively manage budgets and risks.
- Excellent analytical skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Strong IT literacy and an ability to use project management methodologies, e.g. Agile, PMP, PRINCE2
- Proactive, motivated and driven and a good team player with a flexible approach to working requirements
- Collaborative and consultative approach and able to effectively manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Lead on the evaluation strategy for the projects in an agile way to meet the needs of our audience and stakeholders.
- Track and measure project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Develop comprehensive project plans and presentations to be shared with key stakeholders as well as other staff members
All CVs must be in English and in Word.
Talent FM are experts in facilities management recruitment. Our sector knowledge is unrivalled and we are passionate about making every stage of the recruitment process as easy as possible for our clients and candidates. You can view all our jobs on our website or join the conversation on twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.