|Job Title:||Facilities Services Manager|
|Salary:||£40000 - £50000 per annum|
|Start Date:||2018-02-16 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Safron Huntly|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
- The role will require an excellent level of experience in Building Services delivery (Hard FM), Operational Services (Soft FM), Health & Safety Management, Space Planning Management, Procurement & Contract Management, Security and Incident Management.
- Carry out the responsibilities of the College Health and Safety Coordinator ensuring compliance with all environmental and health and safety legislation in accordance with our Health and Safety Policy
- Provide facilities strategic planning and manage the FM operational teams, ensuring quality, compliant and cost effective services, delivered across our corporate UK Head office and a wide portfolio of educational buildings in Brighton, Sussex.
- In depth knowledge of out-sourced facilities management services, finance, project delivery, capital programming and work place health and safety, ensuring all are informed of any works that may affect their working environment in timely fashion.
- Key responsibility as Senior Incident Manager responsible for incident management and liaising with the Health and Safety Manager and emergency services as appropriate with regards to significant issues.
- Give direction to the reception services to meet the high standards expected by the College when dealing with VIP's, staff and visitors and in the case of security breaches to ensure the safety of all staff and visitors.
- Lead and chair monthly meetings (minimum) with all stakeholders and building occupants, ensuring both customer and students satisfaction to improve the workplace environment.
- Ensure suppliers meet their contractual obligations, provide appropriate risk assessments, method statements and meet health and safety and all statutory compliance requirements.
- Engage with in-house Counsel & Procurement Manager regarding the business continuity plan ensuring emergency processes are robust standardised (where appropriate) and support the strategic business continuity plan.
- Work closely with Student Services in the utilisation of accommodation within the College estate ensuring that the use of buildings is optimised and space is configured and allocated in line with changing service need.
- Deliver building management and fire marshal training programmes to internal departments ensuring site representatives are fully engaged and aware of their responsibilities in relation to contractors and building management.
- Monitor the financial performance against expected budget, advising management of financial pressures at each site where appropriate.
- The applicant will require a high degree of commercial and financial awareness and report on contractor spend on a monthly basis. The applicant will be responsible for monitoring the budget management and spend to ensure budgets are on track.
- Carry out regular recorded meetings with team managers, develop and lead on personal development and training programmes ensuring operational staff have the technical skills necessary to perform their role in accordance with the company's management schemes
- Essential - BIFM qualification or evidence of ongoing professional development in Facilities Management & IOSH (Institute of Occupational Health and Safety) H&S management
- Desirable - NEBOSH (National Examination Board in Occupational Health and Safety) General Certificate
- Understanding of building related compliance risk assessment programmes
- Demonstrable Facilities Management experience at a senior level in a large multi-site organisation in both in-house and out sourced contracts
- Competent in the use of PCs and Microsoft software
- Experience of colleges and boarding facilities
- Knowledge of facilities management systems
- Experience of continuous improvement
- Knowledge of security systems
- Understanding of Environmental legislation
The Successful candidate will be required to undergo DBS screening processes prior to employment
All CVs must be in English and in Word.
Talent FM are experts in facilities management recruitment. Our sector knowledge is unrivalled and we are passionate about making every stage of the recruitment process as easy as possible for our clients and candidates. You can view all our jobs on our website or join the conversation on twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available