Experience of compliance management in a multi-site environment within the student accommodation or hospitality sector would be a distinct advantage, along with NEBOSH qualification.
You will need to be located in or near a city hosting one of our main properties, such as Liverpool, Birmingham etc.
- The role will be to oversee all compliance issues for the group working closely with both residence managers and senior management and reporting directly to the Board of Directors.
- Ensuring all processes, company rules and regulations are in sync with relevant laws & policies across all our properties
- Conducting spot-checks to ensure compliance of all company processes, in line with industry legislation
- Ad-hoc reporting as and when required by the directors
- Auditing procedures to guarantee strong gas, electrical, water and fire safety, rental, health & safety procedures which meet building regulations & relevant legislation
- Providing direction & recommendations for the overall improvement of our products / services
- Conducting regular site visits to check all properties are compliant
- Following-up with residence managers to address outstanding issues & deficiencies
- Maintaining expertise & knowledge of relevant legislation & trends in the building & student accommodation sectors to ensure systems & procedures remain current
- Experienced Compliance Manager
- NEBOSH qualified with experience of leading compliance for a multi-site organisation
- Have excellent numerical & analytical skills and significant compliance or auditing experience, ideally in the student accommodation sector or hospitality sector
- Be results driven and able to present a trackable portfolio of defined successes
- Have demonstrable communication, data analysis and report writing skills & a passion for fostering compliance & delivering results
- Be able to present data & reports to various stakeholders such as residence managers, auditors & directors, using appropriate language, media & content
- Have knowledge & understanding of property management systems, such as StuRents, Oprah, Savoy
- Have a keen eye for detail & be able to work autonomously
- Be organised, hard-working & have a keen interest in building legislation
- Be meticulous & able to influence others, with strong commercial acumen
- Be reliable, collaborative & trustworthy with great analytical & people skills
- Be computer literate (European Computer Driving Licence / Microsoft user level) with strong Excel skills
- Have a smart, professional appearance and manner
- Membership of the Society for Corporate Compliance & Ethics (or similar) would be an amazing advantage!
All CVs must be in English and in Word.
Talent FM are experts in facilities management recruitment. Our sector knowledge is unrivalled and we are passionate about making every stage of the recruitment process as easy as possible for our clients and candidates. You can view all our jobs on our website or join the conversation on twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.