Head of Health & Safety - Residential - Nationwide
|Job Title:||Head of Health & Safety - Residential - Nationwide|
|Salary:||£65000 - £75000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Nikki Dallas|
|Job Published:||18 days ago|
- Over-arching responsibility for company health and safety policies and systems to ensure that they are approved through the correct governance process, comply with statutory requirement and industry best practice and enable the business to adequately discharge its statutory duties and responsibilities.
- Responsible for reviewing trends and outputs from incident investigations to ensure that preventive measures are in place to reduce future incidents.
- Responsible for the development of the company health and safety strategy to include policy, induction, training, communication and statutory compliance.
- Manage and provide leadership to the Health and Safety team.
- Support the Health and Safety Committee Chair through flagging and escalating any major concerns through the appropriate channels and implementing appropriate action plans to mitigate any risk.
- Lead, develop and implement the Health & Safety strategy and framework to align with the companyâ€™s aims and objectives.
- Effective development and provisions of information, advice, assistance and guidance on a full range of health and safety and compliance matters, including legal compliance, risk assessments and fire protection and prevention. Ensure robust incident reporting processes are in place and oversee the investigation of any safety critical incidents.
- Preparation and presentation of Health and Safety Board Reporting pack.
- Report to the Senior Management Team as appropriate on issues pertaining to business critical health and safety.
- Maintain leading technical knowledge and awareness, provide expert advice on all Health and Safety legislation to the CEO, and Senior Management Team (SMT). Keep up to date with safety law and best practice.
- Maintain Continued Professional Development in line with industry standards.
- The ideal candidate will have strong health and safety management experience in the residential property sector. We are looking for experience in hotels or student accommodation.
- Of degree calibre, with a strong understanding of current legislation.
- Relevant industry qualifications and membership. CFIOSH/CMIOSH and NEBOSH Diploma level. NEBOSH Fire Safety and Risk Management Certificate would be an advantage.
- Experience of introducing policies, procedures and processes and systems effectively with a track record of implementing behavioural H&S culture change and managing the Health and Safety function across a multi-site environment.
- Significant experience of operating at a senior level within a Health and Safety leadership role, preferably in an organisation with internal and sub-contracted operatives carrying out safety critical roles.
- Able to develop strong relationships with key stakeholders across all levels of the business to drive engagement of the H&S agenda.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of operational and strategic Health and Safety management issues, enforcement procedures and policies.
- Knowledge of Construction Design Management (CDM) regulations.
- Experience of Project Management.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the use of Microsoft office products including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- An ability and willingness to work flexible hours as determined by the needs of the business.
- Ability to travel extensively in UK as required.
All CVs must be in English and in Word.
Talent FM are experts in facilities management recruitment. Our sector knowledge is unrivalled and we are passionate about making every stage of the recruitment process as easy as possible for our clients and candidates. You can view all our jobs on our website or join the conversation on twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.