|Job Title:||Health and Safety Manager - Labs|
|Salary:||£40000 - £50000 per annum|
|Start Date:||2018-01-17 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Safron Huntly|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
We are recruiting for a Health and Safety Manager to be based at our client's corporate office in Cambridge. As H&S Manager, you must have experience working in laboratories or similar environments and will hold an IOSH and NEBOSH qualification. You will work with senior stakeholders and the wider business to ensure that their Health & Safety compliance is enhanced and maintained in the Technology and Innovation and Consumer specialised spaces.
- Health & Safety: Ensure a strict adherence to Health and Safety compliance for the lab, workshop, project rooms and offices in line with wider Management Systems (OSHAS 18001 and ISO 14001) and H&S Policy. Provide regular (monthly or quarterly as agreed) status updates to the OSRSC. Keeping TI and Consumer attuned with industry best practice and appraised of H&S legislation and law. Lead the TI H&S Committee.
- Approve all COSHH and Risk assessments for all projects in TI and Consumer
- Manage the Occupational Health Screening programme for all staff
- Apply to the HSE and notify where appropriate for specific licences required for TI and consumer to operate in this space
- Responsible for the Health and Safety Budget(s).
- Provide First aid and specialist Trauma cover for TI spaces.
- Lab and Workshop Manager: Oversee all the activities in the lab, food spaces, projects spaces and workshop ensuring the operating procedures, risk assessments and method statements are adhered to. Ensure access to the correct consumables and calibrated equipment (where applicable). Manage the stores and washing up Facility. Manage the provision of new equipment and the Calibration equipment register for TI.
- Ensure that labs and workshops are appropriately decommissioned and cleaned. Management Lab and workshop waste system, in accordance with ISO 14001
- Manage the storage and archive system for projects that operate in TI and Consumer.
- Space allocation - ensuring that TI and Consume client assignments, and internal TI/PA jobs, are allocated space which is suitable for their needs within the Lab and Workshop in line with the Facilities Manager. The H&S Manager will have the authority to grant space requests and remove space allocations where applicable within TI and Consumer demise.
- Maintain the pipeline of work ensuring that all projects have the correct and appropriate space to work, in accordance with quality and safety guidelines.
- Quality management: Ensuring that all lab and workshop users are aware of their responsibilities for specific compliance requirements for the spaces that they utilise; and that responsibilities are adhered to. The H&S Manager will have the authority to close lab and workshop spaces that do not comply. The H&S Manager will conduct internal audits as required to assess compliance of lab and workshop users to our Quality Management System.
- Ensure that all equipment in TI is calibrated, serviced and maintained in accordance with the companys ISO accreditations and H&S legislation.
- Advise staff on specific applications where risks arise, such as pregnancy, disability and Occupational Health.
- Undertake the Environmental monitoring of food spaces, including the microbiological testing of consumable material.
- Act as the Food Safety Manager, approving HACCP plans and advising on food safety standards to consumable projects. Holding the budget and cross charging projects. - Manage the Operations and H&S. - Line manage the Lab and Manager/H&S Administrator role
- Demonstrable experience of H&S in facilities such as laboratories, cGMP, Clean Rooms and Cat 2 Biology suites engineering, production, manufacturing and distribution
- Demonstrable experience working with accredited management systems such as OHSAS 18001, ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
- Strong project management skills, with experience in writing specifications for Labs, workshop, food and project spaces.
- GradIOSH or CMIOSH status as a minimum but NEBOSH diploma or NVQ Level 5 In Occupational Health and Safety preferred
- Level 3 in Food Safety Management
- Demonstrable experience and understanding of H&S regulations and legislation, including DSEAR, with a minimum of 5 years working within a practical Health and safety management role
All CVs must be in English and in Word.
Talent FM are experts in facilities management recruitment. Our sector knowledge is unrivalled and we are passionate about making every stage of the recruitment process as easy as possible for our clients and candidates. You can view all our jobs on our website or join the conversation on twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available