- Working with the Facilities & Estates Manager:
- Identify, create and deliver an overall M&E supply chain & contracts management strategy;
- Identify, create and deliver a best practice maintenance strategy to aid and improve operational performance; and
- Develop a Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedule, ensuring full preventative maintenance is carried out, with gaps in delivery identified and resolved.
- Monitor expenses and control the budget for maintenance
- Ensure KPIs are met by working to Strategies mentioned above, including management of and reporting performance issues, and ensuring that Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are adhered to
- Effectively delegate any maintenance issues to the right skills in the team, or escalate to the appropriate contractor, planning and managing effective works in a timely and efficient manner ensuring safety measures are adhered to and managed effectively
- Ensure statutory compliance (including Water Temp Tests, L8 / Legionella Testing, BMS Checks and Plant Room checks) is recorded in the agreed management system accurately and that tasks and actions are carried out in a timely and efficient manner;
- Manage suppliers/contractors on site to ensure they meet legal, statutory and safeguarding requirements;
- Reactive Maintenance & Repairs: Fixing leaks/plumbing issues, changing ballasts, lighting and general repairs across the buildings
- Liaise with colleagues to ensure that, so far as is possible, all staff affected by maintenance work are consulted as to its impact on their own domain, and that all relevant matters have been brought to the attention of the Facilities & Estates Manager
- Ensure Health and Safety policies are complied with
- Other duties of a related nature which would naturally fall within the purview of the post
- Recognised qualification in mechanical or electrical engineering or demonstrable experience
- Multi Skilled - ability to understand and maintain Building Services M&E
- Experience in reviewing technical documentation and drawings
- Driven, entrepreneurial, self-starting
- Ability to problem-solve and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Well-skilled in dealing with contractors and utility companies at management and operative level
- Able to identify and respect confidentiality
- Able to work on own initiative and as a member of the team, often under pressure
- Numerate and a good organiser
All CVs must be in English and in Word.
Talent FM are experts in facilities management recruitment. Our sector knowledge is unrivalled and we are passionate about making every stage of the recruitment process as easy as possible for our clients and candidates. You can view all our jobs on our website or join the conversation on twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.