|Job Title:||Property Director|
|Salary:||£100,000 - £130,000|
|Contact Name:||Nikki Dallas|
|Job Published:||11 months ago|
Liberty Living was established in 2000 and is one of the leading student accommodation providers in the UK. The Liberty Living brand is one of the largest and most recognised of operators in the UK student accommodation market and over the past 14 years the company has become one of the UK’s largest owner-operators of private purpose built student accommodation (PPBSA). In 2015 Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (“CPPIB”) acquired the acquisition of 100% of the UK student accommodation portfolio and management platform operating under the Liberty Living brand from the Brandeaux Student Accommodation Fund.
Headquartered in London, Liberty Living owns and operates a £2.1B portfolio of high quality assets, comprising 53 residences spread across 21 of the UK’s largest university towns / cities, including 8 of the top 10 by number of full-time students. The aim of the company is to create the best environment for students to thrive; well-located, well-priced, social and secure accommodation with outstanding facilities, great customer service and on-site residence teams.
Liberty Living is a trusted partner to more than 40 educational institutions who rely on them to provide best-in-class student accommodation and facilities, so they can focus on delivering world-leading education. Their financial strength, operational track record and high quality of service are key differentiators when educational institutions are selecting accommodation partners.
- The Property Director will oversee most aspects of the property portfolio, including facilities management, statutory maintenance, development, major capital refurbishment projects and manage the planned preventative maintenance. This role can be based in either London, Birmingham or Manchester or London with frequent travel between the 3 main hubs and throughout the nationwide property portfolio
- To provide effective leadership and management to a dedicated team of Facilities Managers, Project Managers and insourced Maintenance technicians
- Responsible for managing the Group’s expectations for FM strategy and delivery
- Lead on property conversion, refurbishment and modernisation projects
- Full ownership of risk Management processes and procedures, ensuring Contractual matters (duties, obligations, notices, standards etc.) are observed and discharged
- Ensure that in-house maintenance teams react to the internal customer to provide an excellent level of customer experience at all times
- Develop, manage and lead a multi-discipline maintenance team for the residences and provide teams with the ability to undertake rolling refurbishments to a outstanding quality at the best possible price.
- Ultimate responsibility for ensuring the estate remains compliant in areas of health and safety passive and active fire management
- Responsible for the management of capital and P&L budgets across all projects
- Setting annual budgets in line with the company strategy, ensuring best value for money and preparing monthly finance reporting for the Board
- A Degree level qualification in Facilities Management or a property related subject is preferred.
- You will hold a professional membership of BIFM at membership level or qualification of equal standing
- A demonstrable proven track record in a senior leadership role delivering total facilities management, ideally in a complex, customer facing environment
- An experienced director with a wealth of experience in property asset management and thorough understanding of the whole property life cycle and the law.
- Strong project management skills, with emphasis on budgeting and financial control.
- Experience in running a maintenance execution team across a geographically disparate portfolio.
- Significant experience in internal refurbishment projects.
- Excellent negotiating and communication skills;
- Significant experience managing multi-disciplined teams of Project Manager, Facilities Managers, Quantity Surveyors, Building Surveyors and in-house maintenance teams;
- A full driving licence is required
£100-130k + £significant bonus
Closing date for applications is 3rd August ‘18
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available