- To welcome and attend to guests and visitors, dealing with all queries and requests in a professional manner through a range of communication channels promptly, accurately and courteously.
- To ensure the security of the property and its assets, staff and visitors and to manage all electronic and non-electronic security systems effectively and efficiently.
- To conduct regular patrols and remain vigilant at all times. Maintain incident logs and resolve or escalate matters as necessary. Be able to perform premises opening and closing procedure.
- To act as first line response to all emergency situations. To be an active member of the emergency response team and to follow clear guidelines, procedures and escalation procedures particularly outside of core hours.
- To understand, follow and assist in the implementation of the Institutes Health & Safety policies and procedures. To proactively identify, eliminate or mitigate risks and prevent breaches of Health & Safety.
- To carry out a range of administrative tasks including receipt and dispatch and collection of couriers and postal items and other material items.
- To assist in invoice reconciliation and other such duties as deemed appropriate to the grade.
- To assist in the distribution of work orders from the Facilities Helpdesk.
- At least 3 years within a reception / security role.
- SIA Licence - CCTV & Door supervisor desirable.
- First Aid qualified
- Experience of operating fire and intruder alarm systems and operating CCTV equipment including knowledge of current legislation
- Competent user of Microsoft Office software packages.